- Interesting and exceptionally beautiful effects
- Combines gloss and matt textures of varying color all in a single glaze
- Slower cooling can promote the development of more crystal formations, but be careful, this may also cause the glaze to run if applied heavily.
Art glazes (430-444) are sensitive to:
- Firing Speed – Different results can be achieved by: firing the kiln faster or slower, holding at temperature. We recommend a medium firing speed (4-6 hours) with no hold time.
- Clay Body – Dramatically different results can appear by applying art glazes to different color clay bodies: Whiter bodies will result in brighter colors, darker or red clays can alter the colors dramatically.
- Glaze Thickness – Art glazes are sensitive to the number of coats applied:
1 coat may develop no significant patterning
2 coats will develop slight patterning
3 coats develop the BEST patterning
4 or more coats will have a tendency to run